Thursday, February 14, 2013

Real. Love. Jesus.

Tonight is Valentines... 

The day celebrating love. 


My heart craves love... yet tonight, as I turn my thoughts towards the one who created both love and my heart, my heart beats to a different tune. 


Can you hear it? 

The hurting are out there. 
There's a world of darkness in their eyes. And light will never come unless they know it exists. 

Can you see them? 

You're the only one holding the light of the world in your heart. One that can shine into the darkest of dark and make a pathway to a home their heart craves. 

It only takes a little light to dispel the darkness. 

Like a darkened stadium with a child holding the only flashlight. 

Love is not love unless it is shown the way. 

In a selfless moment of giving to one who cannot repay the giver. 

Tonight I think of love... 

The Love of One who laid His life down for all. To show us a light out of the darkness we know all too well. We only ever knew darkness until His light shone in our hearts. 

Now I challenge you, plead with you, charge you... Don't HIDE the light! 

The world needs the light of the world, and YOU HAVE HIM INSIDE YOU! 

It's Love Month... what better time to start? 


What if there was some way you could reach into someone's world and show them love, even for a moment. That could very well be the light that pulls them through the darkness. 


What are you waiting for?

I pray often... but tonight is different. 
Tonight I feel like the prayers we pray for Love would ignite the world. 
That a sin-saturated world could be consumed by one small flame igniting another and another and another... until the whole world burns with the LOVE OF JESUS! 

It's an upside-down Kingdom... you must die to live. You must give to get. 
You must give love in order to be able to receive this true Love. 

I want to leave you with three last little things... 


1. My biggest heart prayer of the night (both the girls talked of and the amazing ones who teamed up and made this video)

Click here to see my girls stand up for justice in their generation. 

2. Make Jesus your obsession... you can't miss His love. It's always there. You just need to pass it on. 



and 3...


Matthew 25:37-40 



Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’

2 comments:

  1. I love that verse in Matthew! I didn't know that you were involved with the A21 Campaign! What are you guys doing? I love your passion Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our youth group raised money for A21 last year. Not closely connected... But my heart is with them. :)
      I was so proud of my girls stepping up to the plate with this video.

      Delete