Sunday, March 4, 2012

At a moment's notice... (written on the plane yesterday)

Sometimes life is just so surpising you don’t really know what to do with yourself.
3 days ago I woke up to a normal Wednesday not knowing how drastically life could change with the arrival of one small baby girl.
As I write this I am somewhere above Lake Michigan on a plane to go see her.
Her parents have always been some of my favourite people in the world. I must say tho, when I was a bridesmaid in their wedding… or even further back when we 3 were best friends with a ton of dreams, not knowing the future would hold love for them. I never ever expected this trip. This journey into bringing tiny baby Katrina Charis into this world to meet us.
Her name is regal and important. Not just because this auntie would drop everything to go be by her side in a Regina hospital, but also because her name means something very significant to my heart.
Katrina means “Pure”.
Think of this baby… more pure than any other with her early entry into this world.
Think of how pure the Father’s love for us.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

Her middle name: Charis.
Charis is the Greek word for “grace”.
His grace is sufficient for me.

This beautiful baby girl’s name has significant meaning to me… I seem to be running a theme this winter with my 40 day challenge.
A theme of love vase as the ocean.
A message of PURE GRACE sent out to any who believe in the greatness of our God.
So as I look out of this airplane window to a sight so vast, I remember his love.
His pure grace.
A love that no scroll could contain the whole, tho it stretched from sky to sky.

May pure grace penetrate your heart and even at a moments notice change your world around completely… even as tiny Katrina Charis has changed mine this week. J



(40 days of purpose/blogging will resume when I get home this weekend as there is no internet access at the hospital.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment