Saturday, March 17, 2012

Next Generation Love... :)


Next Generation Love

One of the coolest things in my life is that I get to be “Auntie Chelle” to four little bits of the next generation God is raising up to do great things in His name.
Let me brag on my favourite kids tonight (I’ve just been babysitting 2 of them, so I have my head/heart full of their love and kisses right now.)…


This is Carter James.
He was my very first nephew and someday when he’s old enough to understand I have a story for him about how when he was born “Auntie Chelle” held him in her arms and realized that she needed to do everything she could to be like Jesus… so he could know Jesus better by knowing her.
Yes, he doesn’t know it, but his birth set off a firecracker chain of events that ultimately brought me back to serving God… I may have looked like I was doing good, but I was pro at faking it. Thankful for God’s grace and the reality check Carter James shook into my world. J

Carter-Bear is almost 3, he loves letters, numbers and learning about EVERYTHING!



This is Larissa Claire… the first answer to this Auntie’s prayer for a little niece.

All my life I’ve wanted a niece (or at least from the time I realized that siblings could grow up and get married and have nieces and nephews for me…)
And what a best first niece she’s been!
The summer she was born I was learning a lot about God’s plan for people’s lives and how he has purposed our days even before we lived any of them.
In praying for this little princess, I didn’t realize how much it had been needed…
The day she was born, I was called in to be designated babysitter to big-brother Carter (then 14 months old) and waited anxiously to hear the news.
Little did we know what a rough start to life the Princess would have…
She was born with her cord wrapped around her neck 7 TIMES!
Miracle child… she came out white and (amazingly) SCREAMING!
The doctors said she was “feisty”… and she holds true to that title to this day. J
(just ask her mother)

Boo (my nick-name for her cuz she talks so cute like the kid on “Monsters INC.”) loves music, shoes, necklaces (any and every accessory), and getting her nails painted by Auntie Chelle. J


This is Joseph Wesley – or “Baby Wes”…

Wesley has a special place in my heart since his mother is one of the biggest heroes of my life – my sister. Veronica.
Wesley and I share a birth month – May babies are always the best. J
The year he was born, my little brother Danny was very sick in the hospital.
This was the year I learned to trust God in the hard times… to fully worship Him no matter what the circumstance.
I think of Wes as a special gift to our family for trusting God during this time.
He’s the funniest little guy. Such personality!
Not only that! He lives in Shanghai, China!
Yeah… pretty sure he’s got a “Made in China” tag stuck on him somewhere. J

Wesley LOVES music and singing worship songs with his mommy. He has even been caught crawling over to his mommy’s music corner and simultaneously hitting her bongo-drum while plucking guitar strings… such a natural. J
Even though I don’t see him much, we have fun singing “Skinamarinky-dinky-dink” over skype. J


And last (so far)… we have the beautiful Katrina Charis.

How proud I was to receive a 2nd niece!
Most of what God has taught me thru this tiny princess is recorded HERE
And even though she lives a 3-hour plane ride away, she will always have her Auntie’s heart in a way I can’t describe.
Her parents are two of my best friends. I can’t imagine life without any of them and am SO thankful to God for bringing us all through that long hospital stay last week!
Baby Trina… Auntie Chelle is always here for you and is so excited to see the amazing things God has for your life!

Baby Trina has captivating dark eyes… (she turned them into puppy mode and melted my heart a couple times already)
She too had a rough start, but through all of our prayers is (finally!) home with mommy & daddy and doing very well!
All her nurses said “She’s a feisty one!”… so I guess that’s a term that’s gonna stick on this next generation of feisty Eby girls. J
Auntie Chelle couldn’t be more proud…

These kids fill my heart like I can’t explain.
The other night a friend asked me what it was like to be an Aunt…
Here is what I told her:

Being auntie is crazy… think of how much you love your sister. Then duplicate that love and attach it to a vulnerable tiny version of her… one who loves you and looks up to you beyond anything you can imagine!

All that to say… I love being Auntie to these 4.
Excited to see what crazy adventures God has in store for them.
I believe they will change the world!
This next generation is not to be taken lightly. J

Psalm 78:4-8
We will not hide these truths from our children;
we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the LORD,
about his power and his mighty wonders.
For he issued his laws to Jacob;
he gave his instructions to Israel.
He commanded our ancestors
to teach them to their children,
so the next generation might know them—
even the children not yet born—
and they in turn will teach their own children.
So each generation should set its hope anew on God,
not forgetting his glorious miracles and obeying his commands.


Acts 2:17-18
‘In the last days,’ God says,‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.
In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on my servants—men and women alike— and they will prophesy.

1 comment:

  1. THANKYOU dear Sister... for everything!
    'Nette

    ReplyDelete