Saturday, February 25, 2012

How God chose my church - Day 18 of 40


Day 18 of 40…

Romans 12:4-6
New Living Translation (NLT)
Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.
In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you.

God chose my church for me.
Literally… I wasn’t looking for these people, God just put me right there with them.
Anyone who knew me then and still knows me now, often say what a difference that church family has made in my life.
God knows what He’s doing and He has all my steps planned out in front of me.

He knew what He was doing when he made my sister meet Pastor Jan Finochio in the gym that May… He knew what he was doing when I first set foot in that little church on a Sunday morning and fell in love with the place and the few amazing people I met… and He definitely knew what he was doing when he cancelled my plans to go to college out East, and threw being an intern into my lap about a week later. Thus, beginning the 2 most amazing years of my life.
Got to know incredible people who have been and still are here for the journey of life – the destination: Heaven.
We can’t get there without having this amazing fellowship to encourage eachother on.
We need eachother’s encouragement – not just on a Sunday, but everyday of the week.
As we continue to build our relationship with Jesus, He continues to build our relationships to eachother.
That’s why we need the body of Christ – Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2)

God is good.
He knows what he’s doing.
You can trust him with your future.

My story is only one of many stories moulded, shaped, painted, or even refined by a beautiful Jesus who so desperately wants a close relationship with His people.
His second desire is to see us love the church in the same way that He does.
For all of eternity. J

One last thing, tomorrow I get to go to this lovely Crossroads Community Church that I call home.
I get to be part of an incredible worship team that loves God and puts His glory first.
I get to be there early and stay late and be part of something bigger than myself… something that is going to impact this area, this nation… probably even the world!
I get to go to church tomorrow and love Jesus by loving the people He has placed in my life.

Tomorrow I get to say Happy 27th Anniversary, Crossroads… and then fellowship (in the biblical sense of the word) with people young and old who are called to love the church, just as I am.

This is one of the greatest purposes of my life.

Wishing you all a beautiful Sunday! J
Crossroads Fall 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment