Friday, February 17, 2012

Mountain Summit


Day 10 of 40!

It’s no accident today’s chapter is on the heart of worship and details a life of surrender.
Remember last night’s post on obedience?
Yes, it was an act of obedience to even write that.
Remember the challenge I gave you earlier this week?
I also challenged myself.
It was about surrender…
I challenged myself to be obedient in something I knew would be really hard.
Tonight I saw God pull me thru that.
He asked me to do something tonight that does not come naturally to me and took a lot of courage.
Something that I’ve done several times and was SO crazy fearful that – although it always turned out alright – I often freaked out right in the middle of doing it. Which slightly harmed the effect of my performance.
(I don’t want to go into detail, cuz that’s not my point. But the “something” is public speaking. FREAKS me OUT to speak in front of people! Yet it’s something God asks me to do. Probably cuz I need to entirely rely on Him.)

Surrender…
It’s that moment that you shove all your feelings deep down inside and learn to trust God.
No matter what.

That moment you’re faced with a choice.
Are you gonna listen to the lies the enemy is throwing your way?
Or are you going to tune in to a higher cry coming from the depths of your spirit?
God is calling you out for such a time as this.
He has a purpose.
But you MUST surrender!
If I hadn’t tuned out the liar who was telling me I wasn’t good enough today, I wouldn’t have heard God’s wonderful truth washing over me.
If God is asking you to do something hard for Him, chances are there’s something fantastic about to come out of it.
You might not see it yet. But think of it this way… you can’t see the spectacular view of the summit while you’re still climbing the mountain.

Your challenges now are so temporary compared to the Glory of His pleasure.
And remember, when climbing this mountain, you can’t do anything without Him.
But you can do ALL THINGS with Him! J

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].
Philippians 4:13 (AMP)


"Don't sacrifice your calling for comfort. This life isn't about being comfortable. If you're going thru a difficult season, keep going! Cuz it means something's about to come. Don't stop short of your destiny. Don't stop short of that breakthrough. Keep Going!
God still has a plan and He's not done with you. So don't you be done with Him." 

 - Alyssa Barlow. 

Remembering a mountain I once climbed in Germany... 

No comments:

Post a Comment